Monday, July 9, 2007

'And Now on the First Tee...'" By: Jeff Frazer





Hole #1

Big Cedar Country Club

Teague, Texas

(254) 739-5600



After a drive of about 90 miles from Midlothian, Robert, Dawson, and I arrived at the Big Cedar Country Club in Teague, Texas. For record, we played Hole #1 which is a 298 yard par 4. The pro shop staff were all very friendly and accomodating. This is small town Texas at its finest.

We approached #1 tee box and found that it called for a drive over water. After a long car ride, that should be illegal. My first tee shot was short but DRY! I followed that up with a bad miss hit. I was lying 2 with still about 150 yards to the pin. I took out my new Calloway 3 metal and got close to the green. After finally getting on, I putted poorly and scored a "7."

For Robert, he faired much better. He striped it right down the middle landing in the fairway next to the 150 yard stake. After a good approach, he pitched on in 3 and was putting for par. He made a good putt but scored "5" on the hole.

All golfers should make a point to stop by this fun, friendly course. Teague brought back many wonderful memories for us of our grandparents when we spent time with them at the Teague Hunting and Fishing Club. Thanks for the Memories Teague, Texas!!!





No comments: