Monday, July 9, 2007

"Did He Really Do That?" By: Jeff Frazer





Hole # 16

Oak Trail Golf Course

Corsicana, Texas

(903) 872-1801

Par 4, 273 Yards

Par 4, 340 Yards


Our LAST of the journey is today: Saturday July 14, 2007. Under threatening skies, Robert, Austin, and I drove about 60 miles South to Corsicana and the Oak Trail Golf Course. We arrived at about 9:30 AM to this picturesque "11-hole course". I was determined on the last day to concentrate on areas of my game which needed work-- especially my chipping game. So many times I would place my ball where Robert drove his ball. This gave me a chance to work on my short game. My hole for record was the par 4 3rd hole, with a length of 273 yards. After placing my ball where Robert's landed about 150 yards out, I used my 7-wood and it landed just in front of the green. The biggest mystery of all was that today I was able to master my short pitch shots. I pitched it up about 4 feet from the hole for a 'mulligan 4". I will take it. On several other holes I also pitched up near the pin, but it is still too early to pronounce me cured. There are still two stops to go.


On one hole I did hook a ball into the trees of to the left of the fairway. Thank goodness it was a Radar Ball. Robert & Austin pointed me in the general direction and then the hand-held unit honed in quickly on the ball. This would have certainly been a lost ball in the trees. The GADGET WORKS!!!


Robert probably had his best nine holes of the trip at Oak Trail in Corsicana. He hit almost every fairway dead-on. He also was HOT with his putter. Robert's hole for record was the par 4, 6Th hole which is 340 yards long. He hit his shot to the middle of the fairway about 120 yards from the pin. He used his 9 iron and landed just in front of the green. After "Chili-dipping" his first pitch shot, he proceeded to chip the ball in the hole from about 75 feet. I had to do a double take asking myself, "Did he really do that?" That may have been the shot of the week.


Austin saved his best for the last hole. This was a short par three of about 100 yards. he took dead aim at the flag using his 7 iron. He hit it in the air over a small pond. It came up only a few feet short landing in the water, but it was a beautiful shot. Austin placed a ball up on the green and then sang a lengthy putt. He got consistently better as we played each hole. Even with that, Austin's number one question remained: "How many points would he lose for driving the golf cart off the path?"


This drive to Corsicana was well worth the effort. We all had fun and enjoyed Oak Trail Golf Course. Check it Out Too..

1 comment:

Becky said...

Jeff - CONGRATULATIONS!! You got your chipping down. I'm believing it's a permanent healing! This sounds like the best birthday present ever!

Austin - I don't think you lose ANY points for driving off the path! Go for it next time (but wait til your dad and uncle turn their heads!) I'm glad to finally see you on the blog. I've been watching for you all week.

Robert - you have to be the luckiest person on earth! First you hit that chip right into the hole. But best of all, you married into the perfect family! We love you lots.

Thanks for letting everybody share in your week, guys. It's been really fun.