Monday, July 9, 2007

"Tall Tales Are Sometimes Spun in Tall Grass!" By: Robert Frazer



Hole # 9

Bogey's Golf

Waco, Texas

(254) 754-4401

Par 3, 163 Yards


After a brief detour to see George W. Bush (or at least his ranch in Crawford), we arrived at Bogey's Golf in Waco at 3:30 PM. I chatted with the attendant in the Pro Shop who also was from Midlothian.


We needed to play a Par 3 for record, so we chose Bogey's Golf which is a Par 3 course. After a few warm-up holes, we chose hole # 7, a 163 yard straight hole. If was a "tight feeling" hole where you tee shot must be played over a large oak tree. Jeff hit a great 5 iron over the tree and just shy of the green. From the "tall grass" he chipped on the green and two putted for a Bogey 4. (Miracles still happen!)


I teed off with my seven iron and landed just short and left of the green. I then chipped on and two putted for a bogey 4. Obviously, this is why they call it "Bogey's Golf."


This is a very fun and accessible course for all skill levels where all can have an enjoyable round of golf. Thanks for letting us experience your facility!

2 comments:

benji said...

chili dips, up and downs, in and outs, tall grass, putt for double Boogie... is all this legal and eligible for young readers eyes?

I'm inspired, jealous and motivated to make memories too. Robert and fam, you guys optimize life and family.

they way you live invigorates others to make "things happen" and to appreciate the NOW.

I think the true value of the golfer is determined by the amount of chigger bites they have... how good are you guys now?

ello moppet!

Becky said...

Sounds like a great day guys! I'm waiting to see Austin outplay both of you. I'm hoping he's on today so that I can read about it tomorrow! Give the girls a hug for me. Becky