Monday, July 9, 2007

"Overcast But NOT Over Cost!" By: Jeff Frazer




Hole # 13

Oak Grove Golf Course

Terrell, Texas

(972) 563-8553

Par 4, 290 Yards


On an overcast Friday morning, we started at the Oak Grove Golf Course in Terrell, Texas. This is a pretty nine-hole course situated about an hour East of Dallas. Using our American Cancer Society Golf Pass, we got green fees and a cart for only $10.00 per person.


Robert started out on fire with several pars in a row to begin the round. I started a little less well with several shanked drives. (Sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed in the morning). Luckily, Robert convinced me to play the nineth hole for record. At Terrell, this is a 290 yard par four. I hit a good drive that drifted a little right near some large trees. I tried to punch through the trees but hit one instead. From about 50 yards, I punched under the trees with a 7 iron and actually hit the flag on my third shot. I missed the four foot putt for par, but I did settle for a bogey 5.


Robert hit a tee shot right down the middle of the fairway landing about 130 yards out. He used his 8 iron which landed on the front of the green. He chipped toward the hole and then had a four foot putt for par. (I told you he was on FIRE this morning!)


Oak Grove Golf Course is again one of those really nice small-town courses where people are friendly and love their golf. This is a good place no matter what your skill level.


NOW ON TO BIG "D"...

No comments: